Friday, February 4, 2011

Circus!

Kevin came home from work one day last week with some passes to the circus for the following Wednesday. We kinda put them aside and didn't talk about it. Wednesday morning he pulled them out and set them on the bed. We still hadn't talked about if we wanted to go. So later that afternoon we (as in, I made Kevin make the decision) decided to go ahead and go...something fun to do. It was in South Jordan so the plan was for me and the boys to pick up Kev from work, we'd grab some dinner, and then go see some clowns and acrobats.
Zupas was close to the circus and we were glad! A yummy dinner started the night out just right. (It was definitely better than the Wendy's Kevin suggested. Zupas over Wendy's any day!!)
We showed up at the circus with plenty of time to grab a seat and wander down below to see the ponies, llama, and elephant. As we walked inside I heard someone say "Heeeyyyyy" and I turned around to see Lily, Oakley, and Ashley! What a surprise! They were there with Kim who was buying their tickets so we told them we'd save them a seat!
Rylan really wanted to ride the ponies. We gave in and the boys loved it! Asher was full of smiles and giggles. Rylan was himself, secretly enjoying the pony ride but not letting it show on his face! Afterwards I had to ask him several times if he enjoyed it, to just make sure. He always said "Yes, it was fun!"


The circus itself was a little dull. Kevin said "It's like some guy who happened to have an elephant and 5 Mexican friends." I guess I should say it was quite a simple circus. Some of it was quite enjoyable, like the "Wheel of Destiny" and the motorcycles driving inside the big ball. The high wire guys were good enough. I wanted to see more clowns. There was one clown. "Moosic?" he'd yell. We'd cheer and he'd turn on some music. Then someone would make him turn it off and he'd again yell "Moosic?". It went on and on. The stars of the show were the elephants for sure!! Lily cheered and clapped throughout the entire show and it was nice seeing someone so excited! (Our boys got a bit bored and tired.)

We got in our car after 10:00pm where Rylan zonked out right away. Asher, of course, was awake the entire ride home but went right to sleep when I got him in his bed.

It sure is nice to get out and do something fun with our boys :)

No comments: