Friday, December 17, 2010

Rylan's Preschool Program/Santa Clause

Patiently waiting for the program to start!

Rylan's very first school Christmas program and he did great! He was sitting right in the middle so we had a good visual at all times. I laughed, I smiled, and tears came to my eyes...those little preschoolers are so darn cute! (And of course Rylan was the cutest little thing up there. Seriously!) I kept looking at Kevin saying "I didn't know he knew this song!" What a surprise to see Rylan singing most of every song and doing the actions to go along with them! Especially since he'd missed the previous week of school from having strep throat. I mentioned it to his teacher afterwards and she said they were trying to keep it a secret. And what a good secret keeper Ry is cause now since the program has been over, he's been singing those songs all around the house!


There are three classes that Ms. Heather teaches. Rylan's in the blue class. They started out the program by saying together "Christmas is coming and Santa is too. We know some things about him that we will share with you." Then they all sang two songs, another class said a part, two more songs, the final class said their part, and two more songs/dances. It was about 20 minutes and like I said, very cute! Great job Ry Ry!



Our ward Christmas Party had started at 6:30 (Ry's program started at 6:00) so after some treats and chatting we rushed off to the church. We couldn't miss out on Santa! We had some soup and more treats before Kevin sneaked off with Asher to get in the front of the line for Santa. Perfect! Not long later we heard Santa's bells jingling. Rylan went right up to Santa, jumped on his lap, and whispered quieter than a mouse. We couldn't hear what he asked Santa for and neither could Santa. But he did a great job sitting up there, not scared at all! Later we asked Ry and he said he asked Santa for "Thomas and Friends Fog Cars"--just what my parents got him for Christmas! Asher was scared so I had to show him how each kid got a candy cane if they sat on Santa's lap. Just a bit of bribery and he went with it! Of course as soon as he was handed his candy cane he wanted down :)



No comments: