Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Books

Here's my rundown for the year...

* Graceling--Had a hard time getting into it, but maybe because it was the end of the year--crazy time! But I ended up loving it!
* Recovering Charles--Easy read. Good enough.
* A Thousand Splendid Suns--Book club. Not quite as disturbing as Kite Runner. Worth reading.
* Mockingjay--I liked it but then I didn't. Actually, being the last book of the series, she ended it really, the best way to end it. Great series.
* Winter Garden--This was good. A bit sad but it had a good ending.
* The Wednesday Wars--Book club. Great book.
* The Dark Divine--Entertaining!
* Hattie Big Sky--I enjoyed this book. And I loved the name Hattie :)
* Ella Minnow Pea--Fun to read. Creative idea for a story.
* The Thirteenth Tale--Really liked this. It has one idea in it throughout the book that's a tad creepy. Great book, though.
* Fire Study--The last of the series. Loved these books.
* Clear As The Moon--The last (6th) of The Great and Terrible series. Are you prepared for the end of the world? I still think about this book and I get nervous knowing I'm not ready!!
* The Help--Awesome. Definitely recommended.
* The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society--Book club book. Really liked it but it didn't live up to they hype I'd heard.
* From the End of Heaven--From The Great and Terrible series. Again, great series. I think I started this series last year so it took me awhile to get through it. Really really liked them though.
* Magic Study--Second book in the series. I read the first (Poison Study) last year and really liked it. I was glad to get back to it!
* A Train to Potevka--Book club. Interesting to read about a real life spy.
* Pride and Prejudice--Book club. Why did it take book club to finally get me to read this? I'd seriously started this book several times in the past and could never get into it. But this time I continued on (for book club!) and completely fell in love with it (of course)!!
* The Book Thief--Book club. And probably one of my favorite books of the year.
* Ender's Game--Book club. One of Kevin's favorite books ever. I was glad to finally read it after hearing so much about it from the Doyle fam over the years. I really liked it.
* Fury and Light--Great and Terrible book. Yep, it was a good one!
* A Woman in Jerusalem--Book club. Had so much potential but fell short. Very short. Disappointing.

No comments: