Thursday, November 8, 2012

The leaves were falling as we were running on the trail yesterday. I can't seem to get enough of autumn--it's beautiful! There's a spot on the trail that as the sun rises it shines on these huge yellow trees that just seem to glow. Wow!
As I was walking home with Asher from preschool the wind was gently blowing and leaves were blowing all around us. We gathered leaves on our walk home to make a turkey craft. We got plenty of yellow and red leaves so hopefully after school tomorrow we can all sit down to do it together. Our weather has just been so perfect it's hard to think of snow (which should actually be coming tonight or tomorrow). I'm sure I'll be caught up in the beauty of the snow when it gets here!
Kev left for the Vegas Ragnar today with Mark and John. He was very excited, looking forward to a week of fun and laughter...oh, and running! He's been trying to run quite a bit but then became sick. He ran through the sickness and eventually went to the doctor for a prescription of something. After he went through his time on the antibiotics and didn't see any improvement he requested I call the doctor's office. They suggested he come in for another appointment. So he went last night and was diagnosed with pneumonia. The doctor advised him not to run but Kevin didn't pay much attention to that. The doc almost gave him a prescription for an antibiotic he would be given if admitted to the hospital. The side effects were joint pain and a possibility of bursting his Achilles heel. Seeing as how he'll be running 26 miles this weekend he declined that medication for a different one that will hopefully take care of his pneumonia without bursting Achilles heels.
I spent my day babysitting and trying to clean up. Colton came over this morning just after 8:00. He and Asher played so well together all morning. It was great! After the boys ate lunch we took Asher to preschool and then Kev, Tyce, and I took Colton to preschool up at BYU. Driving on campus always makes us reminisce. Kevin has more BYU memories than I do. Of course he was there longer than I was and I didn't live on or near campus. We had time to call in and do a quick drive thru for a yummy Quiznos sandwich. We drove down to Center Street to meet up with Kev's Ragnar van. He stuffed his luggage where he could and climbed in the back of the van. Oh, just thinking about it makes me claustrophobic! Hope he had a semi comfortable drive to Vegas!
I got back to Spanish Fork just in time to pick up Asher from preschool. He immediately showed me his plastic bag kite he got from preschool as he ran through the yard to make it fly. He wanted to sleep with it tonight :) Tyce is usually napping at this time but his schedule was messed up from our Provo trip. (He did sleep in the car for about an hour so at least he got some rest.) Rylan had his 'fun foods' 4H class after school so I had about an hour to go grocery shopping before picking him up. I also dropped off mail and clothes to Deborah who should be having her baby any day now. I'm keeping my phone close by at all times!!
After picking up Ry we picked up Christian and his 2 brothers to come play at our house. Asher had fallen asleep after our grocery shopping trip and it was very difficult to wake him up. Eventually he joined in the fun. Even Tyce was occupied with the big boys the majority of the time. The 6 boys made a giant, enormous mess of our house but they all played well and I was able to make some spaghetti for dinner. The 3 friends left after 7:00. I made my boys quickly eat, Rylan finished his homework, Asher did some cleanup. I rushed them all to quickly get ready for bed. There are still messes everywhere but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
Rylan missed three words on his spelling test last week and he said it was because I didn't quiz him enough. He paid dearly for that comment as I've been quizzing him like crazy all week. He has a hard time accepting responsibility for his actions so I need to teach him and work with him on that.
I think Tyce said 'fish' yesterday. He was pointing to the goldfish crackers as he made a noise that sounded like 'fish'. And he said it several times! I couldn't get him to say it today though. I remember before Rylan really started talking we were playing with a shape sorter toy and as I held up the circle he said 'gurkle'. He said it a few times as we were playing and then never said it again. And if I remember correctly is was quite some time later that he said his first word (unless I count 'gurkle') and really started talking. Maybe Tyce and the 'fish' incident will be the same! Or maybe he really did say 'fish' and he'll start adding more words to his vocabulary!

No comments: