Tyce did a little bit of growing up to celebrate his 18 month birthday. He got to go to nursery for the first time at church and he did fantastic! I took him in and sat him in a chair for the lesson. He sat there quietly, kicking his little feet. When the lesson was over the kids started putting their chairs away. I took Tyce off his chair but he wanted back on. I think he feels big and important sitting in his very own chair. The nursery leader took out the toys and Tyce immediately grabbed some mega blocks and started playing. I decided I may as well let him play and as much as I wanted to just stay with him I didn't want him to get used to that and think that's the way things work. So reluctantly, I left. Sad. My baby is growing up! He didn't make a peep and I slowly walked to Sunday School all by myself since Kev was out of town.
After SS I decided to peek in the door to see how Tyce was doing in nursery. I walked out of my room and the nursery door was open. Tyce was sitting at a chair at the table eating his snack. He was turned around and saw me. And still he didn't make a peep. I guess deep down I wanted him to be sad so I could take him to class with me :) But he wasn't. So he stayed in nursery, I went to Relief Society. His nursery leader said he did great and didn't cry once, didn't even make a noise actually. It was a success...for both of us :)
Later in the day I dropped the lid to his cup and I said "uh-oh". Tyce piped up "uh-oh"! It was so cute I made him say it over and over! At dinner time (Kev came home from Vegas just before dinner) I was telling Kevin and the boys about it. As if on cue Tyce dropped his water and said "uh-oh". We all laughed, including Tyce. Gosh he's cute!!
Tyce has his 18 month check up on Friday so we'll see then how much he weighs. But at 18 months he:
is a great eater. He had some candy just before Halloween for the first time and went crazy for it (of course!) I try to keep it hidden and out of view but if Tyce sees something sweet, he wants it. He's great at eating everything else though, too, including most veggies (not a fan of broccoli or cauliflower).
He sleeps really well, going to bed around 8:30-9:00 and awake around 8:00. He takes one nap, about 3 hours.
Carries around anything small enough to fit in his hands...bouncy balls, cars, animals. He recently started putting things in a bucket or bag and he'll carry the bucket around.
Likes small stuffed animals (much to Asher's dismay!)
Still makes the nasaly, grunting noise
Started walking about a month ago and I still think it's funny to see him walking. It's just super cute!
Gets a bit jealous if Rylan or Asher is sitting on my lap. He'll cry and scootch his way in with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment