Thursday, July 1, 2010

Girls Camp!


I was recently called as the Young Women's Secretary in our ward--wahoo!! I came in the middle of all their Girls Camp planning and I wasn't necessarily needed up at camp because they had plenty of leaders. So yesterday afternoon I went up for the evening and got there just in time for the Values Walk. It was fantastic! It was neat to see leaders from our ward and friends from the stake dressed up and telling stories of women with touching stories to tell...Marjorie Pay Hinckley, Mother Teresa, Anne Frank and many more.

This is our YW Pres as Marjorie Hinckley--cute :)


After the Values Walk and the flag ceremony we hung around waiting for our bishopric to arrive with dinner. They were late but everyone was appreciative of the pizza and ice cream! Then we played games, sang songs, and talked a lot!
We have adorable girls in our ward and I can't wait to get to know them better. Their testimonies were touching and very sweet--tears and giggles and all. They all get along so well together...I really do look forward to being in this calling!
I left after testimony meeting along with another leader. We followed the 2 bishopric members down the canyon which was nice. Close to midnight I got a call from Tami telling me to call Kevin because he was worried. I was just about home but called to let him know I was in the neighborhood. He was on the phone with my mom. I thought for sure he'd be sleeping...guess I should have called as soon as I got out of the canyon! We made it safe and sound and I was so tired I went to bed with campfire scented hair :)

No comments: