There used to be a discovery portion just before the dinosaurs. Well now it's a Nasa Blast exhibit that teaches about light. There were some really cool things there that Tami and I were fascinated with...seeing the blood vessels in your eyes and how the blood pumps with your heart beat. Some of them were hard for even the older kids (8, 10, 12 years old) to see how they worked. But we all had fun with this little light experiment.
There were different colored lenses and about 8 different pictures. It shows how different colors of light filter out other colors. Some pictures you couldn't even tell what they were with the naked eye until you used maybe the red lens. Cool! There were several hands on activities to show how light reflects, bounces, and filters. It was a fun little exhibit!
The dinosaur museum was the dinosaur museum. We always enjoy it but I don't know that I have anything else to add. Rylan still weighs the same as the Othnielia dinosaur and probably will for several years :) Brooklyn took care of Asher for me...she's great to have around! Oh, and Asher had lots of fun getting his feet buried in the excavation area!
We had swimsuits for the kids so we headed over to Noah's Ark since the ark was working today. I didn't get to just sit on the bench like I did last time. Asher laughed and laughed splashing in the water. A little girl about his age started chasing him and splashing him and he wasn't goin for it. He was running away and that little girl just kept following him. He was looking at me like "How do I get away from her?". I just laughed...he's so dang cute he's gonna have to get used to the girls chasing him :)
It was a nice hot day to spend some time in the water. There was a different part of the Nasa Blast exhibit there in the discovery gardens that we didn't even check out because we stayed at the water. Guess we'll have to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment