Yes, Rylan is still in his pajamas. It must have been a rough morning...or maybe just a lazy morning. The other day the twins came over while Tami took Mykenna to lunch for her birthday. Since they came around lunch time Tami sent sack lunches with them and she had made one for Rylan too. Ry was soooo excited! He and Kaleb sat down at the table right away and sifted through their lunch like they had just found a treasure box and each thing inside was extremely special. "Yummy--cheese...oh, I got peaches! Look, a BROWNIE!!!" It was so darn cute. Kade carried his sack around for at least 20 minutes before he was interested in sitting down and eating. I found it interesting that Kaleb and Rylan both ate their brownie first before eating the actual lunch, but Kade ate everything before he even opened his brownie.

And speaking of the twins, Rylan loves them. Seriously, LOVES them. All day long Kaleb and Kade come up in our conversation or in his play time. He'll be playing with his trains and I'll hear Ry saying "Choo choo...up the hill to Kaleb's house". Or he'll get the play phone, open it up and ask me to call Kaleb/Kade. We'll get in the car and he immediately asks if we're going to Kaleb and Kade's house. Actually, he usually just says "Kaleb-Kade" like it's one person (but he does know one is Kaleb and one is Kade). When I'm getting him dressed he asks if Kaleb-Kade got dressed. And while he's dressing sometimes he asks about each specific item of clothing--"Kaleb diaper change? Kaleb wears a shirt? Kaleb put pants on, huh." It's funny. The days when Ry actually gets to see the twins usually go smoothly (until he has to leave!) because I have a bribe. Am I evil? I'm constantly using the twins to get Ry to do things cause he does them much faster..."Clean up your toys so we can go see Kaleb", "Hurry, let's change your diaper so we can go see Kaleb". (Kaleb does come up more often than Kade usually.) But I've learned that I cannot mention the twins before nap time or bed time because Ry is a little obssesive and dwells on things. If the twins are coming over before a nap and I tell Rylan before his nap, there will be no nap. He will be so excited he won't stay in his bed and he'll continually ask when they are coming. So I have to keep it a secret until after his nap and then I have a bribe for the afternoon. I had to tell Tami about it and she laughed saying that Kaleb is the same way. She said the other day they were in the car and out of the blue Kaleb said "Rylan is my friend". Oh, so sweet! I just love it that they are such good friends and I hope that we can always live close so they can continue playing together.
2 comments:
That is so cute! I definitely use all sorts of motivations (cousins, grandmas, etc.) to persuade my kids to do things. (If you go peepee in the toilet you can call grandma and tell her!) And I love that the twins become Kaleb-Kade. Seara has two cousins (sisters) named Savanna and Makenna and she would call both of them "Tanna." I thought it was darling.
That is sooo cute!! And I'm sure Asher, Gavin and Finn will be the same way (and maybe Abby!)
Post a Comment