I can honestly say I've laughed more while at Disneyland than I have laughed in a long time. For some reason those rides just cracked me up! EspeciallyTower of Terror at California Adventure, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Maybe the ambiance had something to do with it as well, and the fact that I was on vacation with some of my fam, but I had such a great time. We left on Thursday and came home on Sunday, so we didn't have tons of time, but I guess it was enough. Having kids who weren't able to go on all the rides, the big kids and adults split up and switched off riding rides or keeping the little ones entertained. Since I'm a nursing mommy I also took breaks when Asher requested which naturally were about every 3 hours. So I missed a couple rides that I'll have to make sure to hit up next time (Indiana Jones, California Screamin'...is that it? I can't remember now.) So here's a brief summary...
Asher's favortie part about the trip: All the attention from family and strangers alike.
Asher's fav ride: Mommy's arms. Although he was mesmerized by It's a Small World and he didn't show any dislike for any of the rides he went on (which was surprisingly quite a few!)
Rylan's favorite part about the trip: Being with his cousins all day for 3 whole days. Life couldn't get better for him!
Ry's fav rides: Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter, Gadget's Go Coaster, and the Carrousel.
Janell's favorite part about the trip: Just being on vacation (even though it really was quite a bit of work) and being with family all day for 3 days!
Janell's fav rides: Tower of Terror for sure. Small World makes me happy no matter what. I took Ry on the Go Coaster, thinking he would really be terrified, but he had so much fun, making it even that much more fun for me. So that definitely was at the top of my list.
Kevin's favorite part about the trip: Doing service for my family. Our hotel was about a 15 minute walk to DL which isn't too bad. But the second and third day we all piled into the van and Kevin dropped us off at DL. Then he took the van back to the hotel and met up with us at DL. Then at night he'd go pick up the van and come pick us up. Have I ever told you that I have the BEST husband ever? Well I DO! (I didn't ask him what his favorite part was (or his fav rides) so I'm answering for him!)
Kevin's fav rides: It's a Small World and Peter Pan's Flight because they didn't make him sick! Okay, really he'd probably answer Pirates of the Caribbean. I know he thought that one was pretty cool.
I had started typing a whole detailed description of our trip, but silly me I didn't save it and our computer shut down. Ugh! So I'm sticking with this summary and since we have so many pictures, I'll be making a new post with more pictures. Plus I have a sick, sleeping babe in my arms and I have too much to say to sit here and type one handed.
9 comments:
I type one handed a lot :)
Looks like you had so much fun! I'm jealous!
I loved your summary.. What a great trip.. I'm so glad I got to hang with you. I'm so glad you got to go on some of those big rides too. Wasn't tower of terror and soaring over California so cool.?
Maybe I should have you email me the pics that you have of us on the trip and from Christmas :) I might get them faster .. hehe.. :)
Oh, typing one handed. It is amazing how fast you can actually get! ;)
So I have always been worried about taking my kids to Disneyland. Every time we've gone since having kids we've left them with babysitters. But you make it look like so much fun, I'm sorta feeling tempted!
Lucky! When we went last year, Small World was closed for maintenance. :( They said the boats were sinking b/c of the weight of the people. Sad.
I've been waiting for pictures! I'm so sad I wasn't there, but I;m glad you had so much fun!
I'm so glad you guys had fun! It looks like a blast, some day we'll go...
Ok, so I feel really lame that I completely forgot to ask you how your trip was, I thought about it when you weren't around, then we got together and it slipped my mind!
And Happy Birthday Rylan!
I'm so glad that the trip turned out well with the kiddos. I LOVE Disneyland!
what fun pictures! it looks like you had such a great trip!
We are Disneyland lovers, too. We had passes before we moved to Utah and ALL our pictures (and there are hundreds of them) have Alexander with that same monkey backpack harness, and several even in that monkey cage on the Casey Jr. train. Fun stuff.
Hey, we should hang out. Maybe we could do a big park date and invite all the girls (like us) and kids.
Post a Comment