Saturday, February 7, 2009


Rylan is getting so good at eating with tongs that I'm starting to think it's a sign of the future...perhaps a mission call to Japan? Oh, I know they don't eat with tongs there, but it takes some skill and could later lead to a chopstick skill, don't ya think? (And yes, if you noticed that is a hershey's kiss on Rylan's plate. He got into the primary bag and dug out the bribes!)

This past Sunday two people commented to me (one of them being my mom) on Asher's flat head. My mom reasurred me that it's a sign of a good baby...I don't have to hold him all the time. But she still encouraged me to do something about it. I remember Ry's head getting a little flat as well and I always just thought they grew out of it. Anyways, the girl at church that commented on it said she's getting her daughter a helmet to help with her flat head...what? Really? So I've been really trying to get Asher to lay his head to the side. If I put him in his bed already asleep then I can turn his head and it stays that way for a little bit. But when he falls asleep on his own he is always looking straight up. I've been giving him extra tummy time but the last few days he'll just start sucking his fingers and fall asleep on his tummy. Which brings me to his finger sucking...he's doing it more and more. I always think it's cute but I certainly don't want it to lead to bad habits. Will he grow out of it?



I just love it when he holds in his pacifier! Isn't this boy a cutie?

4 comments:

Amy Mitchell said...

Hey Janell-
YEs- he is a cutie! I wouldn't worry about him sucking his fingers- babies like...love to suck on things- toys, binkies, fingers, anything really- love those eyes!!!

Brittni said...

He is such a cutie!!! Happy birthday sweet friend!! I hope you have a beautiful day surrounded by love.

TheKeilShpeel said...

That is so funny about Ry and tongs!
I wouldn't worry about the head too. Ky's head is kind of flat in back but so is Ben's. He just has Ben's head shape. Also, to be honest the boy I babysit had a helmet and he slept horribly, was awnry a lot(how can that thing be comfortable) and it really didn't make much of a different after having it for 4 months. I think they just grow out of it. Just try to do tummy time and not have them on their backs all the time or like you say kind of switch them from side to side but I wouldn't worry about it. Their heads mold for a long time (like the first year) and after the first few months they are sitting and on their tummies a lot so their head starts going back to normal. Just my thoughts.

Gasaway Family said...

OK, how have I never noticed Asher has blue eyes? I guess I just assumed since he looks so much like Rylan that he had dark eyes as well. He is a cutie!