My sweet little one is now a two year old!
There's just something about this little boy that makes me smile and there's so much I love about him. He's definitely his own little person and I love watching him grow and learn new things. It may be because he sees his older brothers doing more than he can do, but Tyce is not afraid to try new things. He loves to color with Asher and really just do whatever his brothers are doing. He's a great sleeper. If it's time for bed at night or a nap during the day, if I start singing to him he'll come right up to me and cuddle up for the walk into his bedroom. He's not usually one who likes to be rocked. He just points to his bed and he's ready to get comfy with his blankies.
If we're out walking somewhere, whether it's on a walk, a hike, or even just walking into the grocery store, Tyce will stop while the rest of us keep walking. I'm not sure if he's just waiting for us to notice, but he loves when I turn around and act surprised that he's so far back! He gets a big smile and run up to me. Such a cute boy. And that may be one of my favorite things about him. If I put my arms out wide, he will put his arms out wide and run up to me for a big hug and cuddle. Oh this little boy...
We really didn't do a whole lot to celebrate his birthday and perhaps that was a good thing. It was about 10:00 am when Kevin and I started singing "Happy Birthday" to him. It was just the two of us so it was pleasant (not wild and crazy with the boys around). Not far into the song Tyce started throwing a fit and yelling "no, no, no, no". He seriously cried about it for a good 20 minutes and any mention or singing of "Happy Birthday" after that resulted in cries and "no, no, no". Strange!
We had made plans to go out to dinner with the McQuarries. I'd heard good things about 'Spicy Thai' in Provo so I suggested it and it really was fantastic! I'm looking forward to going back...soon! I thought it was fitting we went out for Thai food for Tyyyyyyyce's birthday :)
We came back home to have cake and ice cream and let the boys run wild. Evan brought Tyce a birthday gift--a nice big bouncy ball. Tyce was hesitant at first but all the boys had loads of fun with that ball! Perfect!
Tyce loves to blow out candles so we let him blow out his candles several times :) And maybe it was the candles but this was the only time Tyce let us sing to him without tears and getting upset. Yea!
Happy Birthday my little one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment