Thursday, September 27, 2012

My boys and walking report cards

As I took off Tyce's pjs this morning I was surprised to see red bumps all over him. They look like bug bite. He has at least 20 on his legs, arms, neck. They didn't seem to bother him at all through the day. I inspected his pjs, bed, and blankets for any sort of bug but found nothing. We did walk the trail after dropping off Ry at school so maybe that's when it happened? Sad. I'll have to keep my eye on them. Last Friday Tyce took his first steps!!

Asher brought home a sack from preschool with instructions to put something blue inside for a surprise. He chose a blue butterfly. His teacher said as soon as he walked in the door he said "Mrs Raleigh, I know what 'surprise' means. It means you don't tell anybody." We both thought that was cute. So his sticker for the day said "Good at thinking and knows what surprise means". He loves preschool and talks about it often. He will tell me all about his day on our walk home which is something Ry has never done. It's been kinda fun!

Today after school I got to go into Rylan's classroom with him for walking report cards. We went to 4 different groups and he showed me some things he's learning in class.

1st stop: Rolling two dice (die?) and writing the greater than/less than/equal to equation. He was a pro at this. We each rolled a dice (die? I never remember!) and his was almost always greater than mine!

Next stop: Matching beginning letter sounds with a picture. There was a picture of a quilt and he asked me what it was. When he grabbed the letter 'b' he said he thought I was wrong and that it was a blanket. Boy was he surprised when he pulled out the letter 'q'!! He looked at me and said "I think you were right" and quickly got it fixed, moving the 'b' to 'bus' :)

Third: Taking a list of words and putting them in the correct column: Noun, Verb, or Adjective. He hesitated a bit and took his time but he got it done! I later heard his teacher tell another mom that they have just started working on this. 'Dad' was one of the words and he put it in the Noun column. I told him that when Kevin came home from work he needed to tell him "Dad, you're a noun!" He shook his head 'no' and said "Dad won't even know what that means". Exactly Ry, that's dad's humor :)

Last stop: Counting m&m's, sorting, and making patterns. He told me his favorite part of this was sorting and making the pattern. I wasn't too surprised. He's always loved patterns. I wonder if that says something about his future career?!

We were also able to pick up his book order which he has been so excited for since there was a Ninjago book with the lego Ninjago guy. He immediately started reading it as soon as we got in the car. Deborah had Asher and Tyce and when we picked them up Rylan ran inside and told Asher to hurry to the car because he had something cool to show him!

Rylan showed me around his room, different work he's done, his job for the week, the calendar, and he even sang me some songs! He was excited to be there and he was very cute about it all. His teacher gave me his mid-term report before we left. She had also sent home a very kind note with Rylan that brought tears to my eyes. It said "Mr and Mrs Doyle, Rylan is such a good boy! He is always doing what he is supposed to be doing. He is quiet, kind, and respectful. You should be proud!"

He is a very good boy and I couldn't be more proud!!

No comments: