Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lagoon!

The McQuarries invited us to go to Lagoon with them and we had SO MUCH FUN!!! Kristyn wanted to go for her birthday since Lagoon has Frightmares going on and she likes that spooky, scary stuff. So does Kevin so he was excited. And of course the boys and I were excited about the rides!

We picked up the McQuarries and were on our way. Once at Lagoon we found a shady spot for our coolers and headed to the rides. First stop: Bombora. Asher was excited to ride the roller coaster, Rylan was not. We tried and tried to get Rylan to go but he refused. Kevin stayed back with him and Tyce while the rest of us had fun! Asher wasn't quite sure if he liked it but I talked it up so much he decided he had fun :) Kev wasn't about to let Ry get away with his pouting so once we were off the ride, the McQuarries turned right back around to get on the ride again with Kevin who was carrying Ry over his shoulder, forcing him to go. After the ride Ry had tears in his eyes and said he didn't like it.

Next ride: Flying Dragon. It goes around in circles and typically I'm fine with these rides but I've had nauseating stomach aches lately so I didn't want to risk it. Kristyn was the fun parent for the day and would take the kids on the rides the rest of us adults didn't want to go on! So Kristyn, Asher, and Evan rode the dragon while Ry pouted and was sad. After the ride Asher and Evan were obviously excited and Ry said to me "Why is Asher having more fun?" I had a little talk with him and told him he needed to be the one to decide to have a fun day. I think he was tired (he came into our room around 10pm the night before saying he couldn't sleep he was so excited!) and just feeling a bit out of sorts.

On to The Bat ride. Again, Ry didn't want to go. Asher was too small so I waited with him and Tyce. Again, Kev carried Ry on the ride while Ry was saying "I'm definitely not going to ride this one. Definitely not." After the ride Rylan said to me "Can we go on it again to see if I like it?" HA! So Rylan, Evan, Kevin, and I rode it again and Ry declared it a fun ride. In fact, several more times throughout the day he and Evan rode it together. That was the turning point for Rylan and the remainder of the day was lots of fun for him. Yea!

"I'm definitely not going to ride this one. Definitely not!"

Pleased that he got Ry strapped onto the ride :)
Pre-ride pep talk
We continued on with ride after ride. We were all having tons of fun! We did some swapping so everyone got to ride while someone stayed with Tyce. The lines were short enough that lots of times the kids got to ride two times in a row while the adults did a swap. It really worked out perfectly! Tyce was a trooper and stayed in his stroller most of the day. He got to ride the train, which he loved. It takes you around to see lots of (mostly sleeping) animals--tigers, a lion, kangaroos, elk...and Tyce loves animals. He was very excited. He also rode the sky ride with me which made me very nervous. Every time it stopped Tyce would start moving around and I would tighten my grip on him. But we made it safely and he loved it!

For Frightmares they had several haunted houses and creepy characters walking around the park. Evan was not happy about that but our boys did fine. One zombie character came up to my boys are started dancing, giving high fives. They mostly just stared at him (well, I'm pretty sure it was a girl). They had a 'haunted' house for the kids which was really cute. Alice in Wonderland, Pirates, and different themed rooms where the kids got candy and small trinkets. Ry is way into "treasures" so he was more than thrilled to get shiny bracelets and rings. They also had a straw maze which was similar.
   

One of my favorite rides was Ody Sea. I just think it's fun trying to avoid the spraying ocean life. Asher manuevered our ship one time and he was really good at getting us right in line of the spraying water, that stinker :) My other favorites: Jet Star, Spider, and the crazy Mouse one which keeps me laughing the entire time.


Asher's favorites: Ody Sea, Flying Dragon, and Rattlesnake Rapids "because we got wet".
Rylan's favorites: He liked them all. Except after going on the white roller coaster he declared it the worst one ever. I have to agree with him. I felt like my head was going to shake right off. It was terrible. I would say his favorites were Ody Sea, the Bat, and Flying Dragon.


While Kevin, Dain, and Kristyn were going through some haunted houses I took the boys on a couple rides. Evan and Ry rode the Flying Dragon but Asher was too short to ride without an adult (and I had to wait with Tyce). So I took them over to the kiddie land so all three could ride together. Evan twiddled his thumbs on this swinging ride :) It was Rylan's favorite last time we were here (a couple years ago) and Asher really liked it this year.

 


They had these creepy things throughout the park to take pictures with. Rylan didn't want to do it, neither did I!!
We rode the rides until closing time and ended the night with a haunted house (a second time through for Dain and Kevin). It was my second haunted house of the evening and much better than the first. Our fun day had come to a close. The drive home was entertaining and surprisingly quick. Before dropping off the McQuarries we had to get a picture:
Really a fun, fun day!

No comments: