We had our typical rushed morning getting Rylan off to school. He had kindergarten graduation pictures today so I wanted him to wear a button up shirt just to look a little nicer. He refused. Oh well.
While he was at school I got in a quick workout at home and showered and got ready. Tyce took a short nap and Asher played with animals. We picked up Rylan from school and hurried home to get his music homework done. Ideally we'd do it throughout the week but sometimes it just doesn't happen so we have to rush to get it done before class. He did it while eating his lunch and then we walked to music class. Asher, Tyce, and I stayed with Rylan today. The parents stay every other class. I used to get a babysitter for Asher but he really loves going and he's pretty good to sit by me and quietly participate. So now we all go and we all get to have fun!
Matt invited Ry and Asher over after class but then Pam suggested the park and we were all excited about that idea. The boys had been asking me if we could go to the park after class so having a friend there with them was perfect! Pam and I got to chat while the boys ran around. We were there for about an hour before Pam had to leave to pick up one of her kids from school. Another school friend showed up (Cullen) who is also Matt's neighbor so it was arranged for Matt to go home with him. The boys and I stayed for another half hour or so but most of the time Rylan was whining, screaming, hitting, and just being grouchy to me because he felt it wasn't fair that Matt got to go home with Cullen. He screamed the whole way home and continued to be a grump for the next hour...which I made him spend in his room.
Tyce napped, Asher and I played, I did a little clean up and then made dinner. I was supposed to be at Charlie's house before 6:00 to watch his kiddos while he and Amy went to see Hunger Games (and then they are watching our kids on Thursday so we can see it). I was hoping Kevin would be home by 5:45 so I could leave Rylan home. We've had several late nights and it's hard on Rylan since he has to get up for school in the morning. Maybe that's why he was so ornery today? Kev called at 5:50 and was close but I was supposed to already be at Charlie's so I just took the three boys with me. I didn't feed Rylan thinking he would eat with Kevin so he ate a corndog and some fruit with the other kiddos.
They all had fun playing together, mostly outside. The jumped on the tramp, rode bikes and scooters and played inside for awhile. Megan and Camryn were great to get ready for bed when asked! We read a few books before Charlie and Amy came home. They said the movie was great! I'm soooo excited to see it!!
While he was at school I got in a quick workout at home and showered and got ready. Tyce took a short nap and Asher played with animals. We picked up Rylan from school and hurried home to get his music homework done. Ideally we'd do it throughout the week but sometimes it just doesn't happen so we have to rush to get it done before class. He did it while eating his lunch and then we walked to music class. Asher, Tyce, and I stayed with Rylan today. The parents stay every other class. I used to get a babysitter for Asher but he really loves going and he's pretty good to sit by me and quietly participate. So now we all go and we all get to have fun!
Matt invited Ry and Asher over after class but then Pam suggested the park and we were all excited about that idea. The boys had been asking me if we could go to the park after class so having a friend there with them was perfect! Pam and I got to chat while the boys ran around. We were there for about an hour before Pam had to leave to pick up one of her kids from school. Another school friend showed up (Cullen) who is also Matt's neighbor so it was arranged for Matt to go home with him. The boys and I stayed for another half hour or so but most of the time Rylan was whining, screaming, hitting, and just being grouchy to me because he felt it wasn't fair that Matt got to go home with Cullen. He screamed the whole way home and continued to be a grump for the next hour...which I made him spend in his room.
Tyce napped, Asher and I played, I did a little clean up and then made dinner. I was supposed to be at Charlie's house before 6:00 to watch his kiddos while he and Amy went to see Hunger Games (and then they are watching our kids on Thursday so we can see it). I was hoping Kevin would be home by 5:45 so I could leave Rylan home. We've had several late nights and it's hard on Rylan since he has to get up for school in the morning. Maybe that's why he was so ornery today? Kev called at 5:50 and was close but I was supposed to already be at Charlie's so I just took the three boys with me. I didn't feed Rylan thinking he would eat with Kevin so he ate a corndog and some fruit with the other kiddos.
They all had fun playing together, mostly outside. The jumped on the tramp, rode bikes and scooters and played inside for awhile. Megan and Camryn were great to get ready for bed when asked! We read a few books before Charlie and Amy came home. They said the movie was great! I'm soooo excited to see it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment