Church was good. The bishop bore his testimony and said several things that I really liked. One thing that stuck out to me was he said "I hope I get to the point where what He [the Lord] thinks is the only thing that matters." I need that. I need to remember that the outfit I'm wearing to church is good enough since it's my 'Sunday best'...even though I wish it was as cute as so-and-so's!! But I shouldn't even be worrying about that. And so many other things of course. I want to do things for the Lord and only be concerned about my place with Him.
After church Kevin made the boys lunch and then took them to choir practice with him. Since Kevin has taken Ry with him to choir practice for the last 3 years or so. It was their 'thing' and they both enjoyed it. Just this past month Kev has started taking Asher with him as well. How long until Tyce can go? Hee hee!
While they were gone, Tyce napped and I made some White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies for our milk and cookies party tonight at my mom's. I saw these cookies on Pinterest and they were so so delicious! When can I make them again?! Kacy and fam leave for Australia on Tuesday so we let the kids exchange Christmas gifts so they could all be together.
The kids exchanged their gifts and mostly had a good time. We had both Kaleb and Kade (strange how that worked out!) and Tami said they both were really wanting headphones to plug into their itouches (is that how you say it?) Kade wasn't very excited about it :(
Kade gave Asher a Dinosaur piggy bank that he carried around the rest of the night while eating cookies and playing with cousins.
Brooklyn gave Rylan a Rubik's cube. A month or so ago Ry and I attended a mom/son night at his school. It was 80's themed and they had a Rubik's cube there. Ry seemed so into it and I immediately made a mental note to get him one for Christmas. So I suggested that to Tami. Rylan ended up in tears over it :( He was hoping to get the music set he has had his little heart set on. It broke my heart. I had a little talk with him and my mom reminded him that he hasn't even gone to see Santa yet so when he does see Santa he should tell him that's what he wants. It ended well seeing as how Ry grabbed the Rubik's cube on his way to bed and crawled into bed with it!
I'm going to look for a van tomorrow with Adam. I'll see if Ry can go home with Christian and Kacy said she'd watch Asher and Tyce. Kev doesn't want to have to look for a car, negotiate, etc. so he's thrilled not to have to go. But he also warned me not to buy a car just because I'm with Adam. We're both nervous car buyers!
I realized we hadn't finished Ry's homework so I made him stay up late after our party to get it finished. The weekend should give us plenty of time to get homework done but I seem to forget about it. Plus I'm not a fan of doing homework on Sunday so I don't want to get in the habit.
Kev was in bed by 10:00. It's nearly 10:30 now and my eyes are tired. I'll have to get up early tomorrow to get ready in time to meet Adam at his house at 9:30. I guess I'll drop Ry off at school at 8:40 and then head straight up there. Hope we find what I'm looking for!
No comments:
Post a Comment