We left Thursday afternoon with a seriously packed car. My husband is a pro packer and I'm still amazed that he made everything fit. Sure, I had to ride a couple hours with boxes of chips and food on my lap, so high I couldn't see out the window...but still, he's a pro. We didn't dare open the trunk until we got to the campsite for fear everything would suddenly expand and come tumbling out. Luckily we were able to meet up with Steph in Brigham City where they took some stuff for us--Hooray!
Our stop in BC was at Wal-Mart. Kev had grabbed a pair of Asher's sandals for Rylan. That of course wasn't gonna work so we needed to buy Ry some flip flops. I also grabbed some swim diapers for Asher since we only had some small pink Dora swim diapers for him!
As soon as we got to the Campground (Sunrise Campground) Kevin got busy setting up the tent. I tried to unload the car and the kids immediately started having fun. This camp site was perfect. It was beautiful and big enough for us to fit all 7 tents at the one site! Amazing! Once everyone had arrived and got settled we headed down to town for some dinner. Kevin and I shared one of the best Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches I've ever had. I was sooo wishing I had my own! Kev got a chocolate shake that the boys fought over. I wanted a raspberry shake but never got one--boo!
Back at the campsite we sat around the fire talking and having a good time. Some of the kids did some cute skits for us which kept us entertained.
Friday morning Kevin left early with Vosti, John, and Dallin to go save a spot on the beach. And to get the wave runners. They got us the perfect spot where they set up our three canopies and we also had the covered picnic table.
Our day was perfect. Kevin took the boys out on the wave runner and they looooved it. He took me out and I was a wee bit scared! The second time we went out was more fun :)
Back at the beach the kids (and a few adults) dug in the sand, we had lots of food, some of us read, and we played in the sand and water some more. With several applications of sunscreen, Kev was the only one in my little family that got a sunburn. Oh wait, that's not true at all. Rylan and Asher both got a little burned under their eyes and Tyce (the poor thing) got a little burned on one small side of his face. One of my legs got a little red, too. So I guess we all got burned-darn!
That night we had yummy taco salads back at camp. Again, we talked around the campfire, made s'mores, laughed, and had fun.
We all packed up and headed home, dreaming of being clean and rested but so happy with our fun weekend! I fell asleep on the way home but Ry and Asher stayed awake watching movies. While I was awake I read "The Maze Runner" to Kevin. (I also read it to him on the way there. I've read it before but it was fun reading out loud!)
After unpacking and showers we were all ready to relax and get in bed early!
No comments:
Post a Comment