Because of a long night and a little cold coming on, he hasn't been in the most chipper of moods today so I was a little worried. Before we even got to the dentist I was bribing him with a trip to the dollar store.
He refused to lay back in the chair while the hygentist looked at his teeth. She was really good with him and just let him call the shots. When she tried to clean his teeth he was shaking his head saying he didn't want to do it. She said "if you hate it then I'll stop". I got him to sit on my lap so he would lay back and right after the hygentist started with the 'tickle brush' Rylan said "I hate it"! So she stopped, Rylan started gagging, and that was the end of that.
The dentist came in and Rylan showed him how big he can open his mouth. After several gags on the little mirror Rylan did great! He laid back in the chair and got to watch Arthur. Ry has this one spot on a tooth that I was afraid was a huge cavity. Luckily the dentist said it was not soft like a cavity, but hard so most likely some sort of deformity. Well, I don't think that's what he called it. But he said that sometimes due to a fever or medication, the little teeth can have these deformities on them. (I wish I could think of the word he used!) I, of course, was glad it wasn't a cavity.
The hygenist finished things off by painting some watermelon flouride on Rylan's teeth. Again he gagged several times and when she was done he voiced his dislike of the taste. No surprise since we have yet to find a toothpaste that Rylan is happy with the taste!
Overall he did great! He chose a yellow car from the dollar store and when I asked him if he wanted to go back to the dentist he said yes!
1 comment:
Ok, for some reason my reader didn't update all of these last posts, so I'm glad I came over here!! Have I not been to your house since you painted over the red? I love that Rylan is paining in his underwear - too cute! And I'm scared for the day I have to take Abbi to the dentist. She won't even let me look into her mouth!
Post a Comment