Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Follow the Prophet

Rylan's birthday is on Saturday! My boy is going to be 4...really? I've been in observation mode the last couple days, just watching him and wondering how he grew up so fast. I like to reminisce and thinking about him as a baby up until now well, this boy sure has brought laughter to my lips. He's a smart one, too. He's the type that just sits back, watches, listens, and learns.
He loves to sing at home and several times I've asked him about singing in Primary. He told me once "I just sit in my chair and listen to the other kids." Today we were going to the Bean Museum at BYU where they have a wide variety of stuffed animals...wait, that doesn't sound right. Not cute cuddly teddy bears, but animals who were once alive and who are now stuffed. Anyways, while we were waiting for the caravan of cars this was our conversation:
Me: "We're going to follow your preschool friends"
Rylan: "Like the prophet?"
Me (after a little giggle): "What's our prophets name?"
Rylan: "Ummm...he knows the way"
Me: (after another little giggle): "Yes, the prophet does know the way. Do you remember what his name is?"
Rylan: "Mom, will you just say it?"
So I said "Thomas S. Monson" and he repeated it. See, he may not be singing out loud in primary, but he certainly is learning those songs!
I should also mention that Rylan has been assigned to give a talk in Primary on Sunday about "God speaks through prophets". So last night at the dinner table we had talked about how Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today and Kevin had Rylan repeat it a few times. But little did I know that he knows the "Follow the Prophet" song!

1 comment:

TheKeilShpeel said...

I think that's the song they are learning this month. Kyle sings it all the way home every Sunday after church.