Rylan:
(October 5, 2011)
I bought him some little train toys but warned him that he would have to earn them before he could play with them. He'd been whining about it for several days but wouldn't do anything I suggested for him to earn the toys. Finally he accepted the offer to wash down the walls in the kitchen and dining are. Once he was finished I told him he could open his toys. Once he got them out he exclaimed "Mom, I'm so happy at you!"
I wonder why we don't say that more often? I mean, we say "I'm so mad at you" and it sounds normal, so why don't people say "I'm so happy at you"?
(October 13, 2011)
We were looking at a Christmas book that had shepherd's holding a staff (or crook I guess). Ry asked what they were for and I told him it was in case a sheep started to get away they could use the hook to pull it back in. To this Rylan replied, "I want one of those for Asher"!!
(October 15, 2011)
Ry: "I wish I had beaver teeth."
Later...
Ry: "Mom, do you wish we had a sheep so you could make string if we ran out of the string we have?"
(October 20, 2011)
Rylan often asks Kevin if he brought him something home from work. Sometimes Kev will bring fruit snacks or vitamins or random office items that the kids turn into toys. Today Kev actually stopped at Walmart and bought a T-ball stand. So when Ry asked if he brought something home Kevin said "Actually, I did!" and he left to get it from the car. While he was gone Rylan said "I hope it's my own computer so I can play it all day long!"
Keep dreaming buddy!!
(October 25, 2011)
Ry: "Look Christian, I found two wish flowers" (dandelions! I've never heard him call them 'wish flowers'!)
Then I see Ry holding and staring at his wish flower with pure concentration on his face and he said "I wish there was such thing as punching poops."
WHAT? That's his wish?! What is the deal with my boys and 'poops'?
(October 31, 2011)
While dressed up as a detective for Halloween...
Ry: "When I grow up, I want to be a detective. And somebody's daddy."
Asher:
(October 5, 2011)
He'd been playing with his little animals (that came in the tube). We were talking about his birthday coming up and I asked him if he wanted to put his animals on his birthday cake. Shocked that I would even suggest it he said "No! They get dirty. On their feet."
What was I thinking?? :)
(October 14, 2011)
Asher: "Brooklyn and Gavin are my best friends. For ever ever."
(October 15, 2011)
Asher has a thing for the word "poops". I don't think he's saying it for what it really means. Several times in the past he has called me "poops"..."Night poops" or "thanks poops". Or the boys run around the house with their swords yelling "Watch out, the poops are coming." I usually try to discourage the use of the word (I don't know why because it hasn't stopped him from saying it...ever) but it sure is funny in instances such as this:
Kev: "Say bye to Uncle Mark."
Asher: "Bye poops."
Laughter by all!
Ha ha ha...at least he was calling somebody else poops instead of me :)
(October 27, 2011)
Sarah to Tyce: "You look comfy."
Asher: "Him not comfy, him baby Tyce"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always always always get a good laugh out of your boy's quotes. Seriously love them!
Post a Comment