Thursday, May 26, 2011

Adjusting


For the most part I think we're all adjusting pretty well to our new life. And I give major credit to my mom for helping with that!
For the first week I was home from the hospital my mom and Tami took great care of me and my baby. My mom stayed overnight several nights and helped throughout the night. She was here during a couple of days and on the days she wasn't here, Tami was. I got to sleep in and take naps and seriously, getting all that rest made the world of difference in my emotional and physical recovery. I am forever in their debt for giving me that time alone with my baby and also all that time to sleep. It's nice to be taken care of :)

Meanwhile, my silly husband had a crazy idea to move Asher from his crib (where he was happily sleeping a good 11-12 hours at night and taking a 2-3 hour nap most days of the week) into Rylan's room. Talking and playing makes for a late night, and the unexpected freedom from the crib makes for an early rise. Asher is now only sleeping about 9 hours at night. I still put him in his crib for naps but now he's only napping for an hour or two. And he's coming into our room in the night as well. I make Kevin take him back to his bed at night, but I'm the one who gets to take care of a moody, tired 2 year old for the entire day! Plus, Asher will wake up Rylan in the morning so Ry's not getting the sleep he's used to, either. Yeah, we've had some crabby, tired days around here. We'll all adjust, right?
Tyce had his 2 week check up yesterday. He weighed in at 5 lbs 10 oz...exactly one pound more than when he was born! He was 18.75 inches (compared to 17 at birth) and really I can tell a big difference. He does seem a lot bigger to me. He took quite the beating from the doc and nurses. They had to do the PKU prick on his foot, he was circumcised, and he also had that skin under his tongue clipped because he was born a bit tongue tied. I felt so horrible for my little guy. The rest of the afternoon was rougher than our typical day but I think he's doing better today and we're getting back on schedule. I could hold him forever...
The boys love their baby brother. Today they were fighting over who got to look at him! They are both very soft with him and like to bring him toys to play with. They talk to him in cute, soft voices and get me right away if Tyce starts to cry. It's cute to see them being nice :)

3 comments:

Kacy & Adam said...

So cute! Your making me clucky :) And I totally agree, our family is amazing!

Gasaway Family said...

Umm...ya, so I feel like a HORRIBLE friend! I was thinking about you today, wondering if you'd had your baby yet since it's not even your due date yet...so I thought I should check her blog real quick (since I've been a horrible blogger lately as well) and what do I find out? You had your baby like 2 weeks ago! So congratulations, and way to be! I'm so impressed and jealous you did it all natural and so fast! I want to come see you and you sweet Tyce!

TheKeilShpeel said...

So glad you are adjusting well. He is soo cute. He looks a lot like Rylan did..I think. The nose and the eyes.(at least from the top pic. Even the dark skin..
So cute..Love that middle pic.