Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Preschool is so Cool!

Rylan has done some really cool things in 'preschool' this year. It's once a week for an hour and a half. The moms all stay with the boys (there's 5 of 'em) and the little siblings come along for the ride (there's 5 of them, too!). The mom's host and we just switch each week, choosing our own topics. Some weeks the boys are great and attentive, other weeks they are wild and energetic--typical of three year olds I presume! We've had lessons on the 5 senses, the primary colors, fish, Thanksgiving, winter time, fall and leaves,...the list goes on and it's always so creative and FUN!

Just before Thanksgiving Mindy hosted and the boys had pilgrim hats to wear while they pretended to sail across the ocean in a big box.

Then they decorated Indian attire to wear while they ate a snack from a cornicopia (waffle cone...so cute!). I'm not politically correct I guess, but saying "The pilgrims and Native Americans" just doesn't feel right. Maybe I should practice that.


Just before the New Year they learned about, well, the New Year! Calendars and days of the week were reviewed and an early New Year's Eve party was thrown. They made their own confetti and 2010 glasses. HA! I love it!
Can't wait to see what next year brings for preschool!