Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

On the 1st of December we had made a little Christmas countdown chain with Rylan's preschool friends. I explained it to Rylan several times that we needed to cut off one link each day and when we had cut them all off it would be Christmas. I can't even tell you how many times he asked if he could just cut them all off so it would be Christmas 'today'. All month long he was soooo excited for Christmas!

It was a very relaxing morning. Asher woke up close to 8:00 and while I was nursing him Rylan woke up and came into Asher's room. Ry just played in the room and asked 'is today Christmas?'. Yes! It's finally here! I don't know if he even thought about Santa coming and bringing him a present so we just hung out in Asher's room for a bit. Kevin went downstairs and set up the video camera and turned on the Christmas tree.
The boys and I walked downstairs and Ry was a bit hesitant at first. I encouraged him on, pointing out that Santa came. He eventually made it over to his new toys. Remember how much Ry wanted a car transporter...and then decided he wanted a race track instead? Well Santa brought him a car transporter and he loved it! He immediately started playing and paid us no attention. To be fair, Santa also left Asher some cars which he cared little about!



This may just be my favorite picture of the day. We gave Ry a bike for Christmas and I think Asher may have been happier about it than Ry!

While the boys were playing I got breakfast going and in the oven. Then it was present time!!


Yea! Rylan got a race track. He acted excited and wanted to help Kevin put it together. He played with it for a bit and later told Kevin that it wasn't the one he wanted. This one has a shark and he wanted the race track with a dinosaur...so sad. We actually knew this wasn't the one he wanted but it was the only one we could find so we were hoping he'd be fine with it. And he and Kevin have had lots of fun with it so I don't think he's disappointed about it any more!
A Kitchenaid!!
And a new camera!! Holy cow I was spoiled this year! Kevin also gave me a drying rack so I don't have to drape our clothes all over the house and some blinds for the kitchen (which I didn't really know I even wanted but they have seriously been so nice! He even hung them up all by himself!!!) I was totally lame and didn't take any pictures of Kevin opening his lame presents...he should have given me my camera first so I could of played around with it and taken pictures of him.
After breakfast we relaxed some more and just enjoyed the day. I was loving the no stress feeling...we had several hours till we were getting together with my family and I didn't have anything I had to get done. It was so nice!
After Asher took his nap we snapped a quick Christmas 2009 family picture (in front of those darn temporary blinds...goal for 2010, get real blinds before Christmas!), and then headed over to Tami's house for dinner, presents, and family fun.

Dinner was delicious, as always, and since I ate way too much the rest of the evening was spent vegging on the couch. I did play a song or two of The Beatles on Rock Band. Kevin and Garren rocked it out, singing at the top of their lungs when they got the mic, until the little boys somehow took over and kicked them off.







Yea for another fun Christmas! It really was one of my favorite Christmases ever. Such a relaxing day filled with joy and family, and really, that can't be beat!

No comments: