We slept in on Sunday morning and attended a nearby 11:00 ward. They had 3 benches reserved for ASL members with a missionary translating up front. I watched him the whole time. I will learn ASL one day. The ward had 2 confirmations done in Spanish and some Spanish translators in the back. It was a super small chapel with no overflow so people began filling up the stand. We only stayed for sacrament meeting and it was a good meeting.
After church we headed into Palmyra to the welcome center for a tour of Joseph Smith's childhood homes. Wowzers was that log home tiny! But there truly is a good feeling still in that home and just seeing where Joseph Smith was when he was first visited by Angel Moroni was humbling.
We also visited the nearby frame home and the Sacred Grove. What beauty! I can certainly see why Joseph Smith went there to pray. It was calming being in all those trees with nature surrounding you. Just thinking about it calms my heart.
Back over to the Hill Cumorah we went to hike up to the monument. My mom went straight up the hill with the kidlets. Kevin also went straight up holding Asher. I took the more leisurely route on a trail with Syd and Kyler who had already been up and rolled down the hill a time or two.
After a quick shot of Kevin I was off to find my kids who had already gone back down the hill with grandma and Brooklyn. Even knowing my boys are with family I get nervous when I don't know exactly where they are. I need to calm down.
(That's my nephew and my bro in law)
6 comments:
I'll never forget when I got to visit Palmyra. Being in the sacred grove was one of the most spiritually uplifting moments of my life!
I can't wait til we get the chance to go up to Palmyra and everything there. You are so lucky!!
What a great trip and i love tahat pic of Asher. His smile just lights up a room
I am so glad that you got to go, and that you were there in time for pageant! That was really sweet of you to look for our family while you were there- what a good friend! I'm sure it was trickier doing the sites with kids, but at least you can say that you went to those places and experienced them together with all of your little family :)
I can't wait to hear about the rest, although it makes me jealous that I wasn't able to go!!
I'm so jealous. I would love to come here sometime. We keep thinking we might make it to Nauvoo one of these years, but apparently it wasn't this one! New York would be fun. I'd LOVE to see Niagara Falls.
Post a Comment