If you were hoping to see a picture of Kevin actually running, I can't help you there. Actually, I think we have one picture but it's during a night time run and not the best. So here he is looking muy handsome if you ask me :)
Father's Day was fun and I think Kev was surprised with his gift. He got a digital frame to take to work so he can have lots of pictures of his sweet kiddos. We gave his parents a digital frame for Christmas (well, technically for two Christmases but we need not mention more of that story) and Kevin had said he wanted one for work. Seeing as how it's 6 months later I wasn't sure if he still wanted one but he got one anyway! We went up to my sister's house for dinner where she grilled us up some chicken, shrimp, and brats. Delicious! There we celebrated with my own father whom I love so much. I'm truly blessed with a great, loving father :) What cute boys--And if you look closely you can see Asher's little tooth!
Monday afternoon (after many tears from poor ol' me) Kevin left for Switzerland to visit with his parents (who are currently serving a mission there) for a few days before flying over to Brussels for a work convention. Two of his co-workers went along with him. And yes, I must mention that even though I once lived in Brussels (albeit very briefly) I was uninvited on this trip and obviously didn't get to go. I know that having a past residence in a country doesn't give you free airfare to visit anytime your husband is going for work, but I can still complain about it. Boo hoo for me, I know. One day I'll be back there to indulge on belgian waffles, computer cookies, and pitas. I'm expecting a big ol' suitcase full of chocolates of all sorts from my hubby when he gets home :)
So while he's been gone I've been trying to keep myself somewhat busy. Today we ventured up to Thanksgiving Point to play in the water at the Children's gardens. It was hot and a perfect day for water. I was sweating and crabby by the time we left but I know Ry had fun so it was worth it! We'll have to go again soon and maybe next time I'll show up in a swimsuit of my own...or maybe not. Both boys fell asleep on the way home which prompted a quick phone call to my pops to see if he could hang out at my house while I went visiting teaching. All worked out and I let Ry sleep waaaay too long which created a super late bed time and lots of threats. If I knew what was best for me I'd be getting in bed myself. But I don't, so here I blog!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Quick Catch Up
Last weekend (the 19th-20th) Kevin ran in the Wasatch Back--a 188 mile relay race. 650 teams of 12 = lots of crazy people who participate in this. They run through the night and by the end of the race, even though exhausted, they were all talking about how much fun they had. Will he do it again next year?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
fun updates. Good job for Kevin in that race! Sorry you're home being mom instead of being a world traveler.... I hope Kevin gets home soon!
Well, I'm glad you didn't go so that we have a reason for girl's night!!
I'm glad his race went well and that he didn't have an run-ins with a porta-potty ... :)
Wait ..so how far did Kevin run then? I think that's awesome and crazy. I had no idea he was running that. Good for him.
I"ll have to give you a call to check up on you while your hubby is away ;( That's no fun.
Is that water park free at Thanksgiving point. That place is really growing.. how fun.
The water looks so inviting in this hot weather. Glad you had a fun time!
I am sorry you didn't get to go, really. But from a totally selfish standpoint, I will get to have 3 outings with you this week. And THAT is pretty darn fun :) I just say to myself sometimes "Adam is totally missing out!" And that seems to boost me up a bit that, yes, I am here enjoying the laughter of the kids and he really is missing out on it.
Oops! Didn't realize Adam was logged in.
Sorry!
Kacy
Post a Comment