Thursday, June 18, 2009

Conversations with my 3 year old

Over and over again, Rylan and I have had conversations similar to this all day today:

Ry: Hey mom, what are you doing?
Me: Unloading the dishwasher.
Ry: Oh, they're clean?
Me: Yep, so I'm putting them away so we can use them again.
Ry: Okay. What are you doing?
Me: I'm still unloading the dishwasher.
Ry: They're clean, huh?
Me: Yep.
(Ry leaves for approximately 45 seconds and then comes back...)
Ry: Mom, what are you doing?
Me: I'm still unloading the dishwasher Ry.
Ry: Oh, okay.

What a goof! I mean really, he can see that I'm unloading the dishwasher and he's already asked me once (or twice) but he keeps asking. He must be in need of a good conversation but he just doesn't know where to take it and I'm not giving him much to work with. And it's seriously been like this all day whether I'm unloading the dishwasher, feeding Asher, reading my book...Oh how I love my 3 year old!

5 comments:

Jones said...

and oh how it escalates from here! lol, sometimes Maddy can frustrate me with asking the SAME questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!

TheKeilShpeel said...

we have those too:)

Deborah said...

How funny - I have similar conversations with Josh, but he keeps asking because he gets distracted and doesn't listen to my answer!

Brittany said...

I love those conversations! It's so funny. You're right, it's like they want to talk about something, but don't know what to say. I think that's the same reason they ask "why" so much. Not necessarily because they want to know why on all those levels, but because they just want to talk more about it and that's the best way they can think of to keep the conversation going.

I love Rylan's argyle vest, by the way. We have the green Children's Place vest from one of those pictures (and we have it in blue--have to have matching boys for church, you know!).

Kacy & Adam said...

HAHAHA!! Its only just begun :) I find that I have to say "go pick up 5 toys!" at least 8 times before it's done. Although, the minute you say "treat time!" they are right htere at your feet...that's one I NEVER have to repeat for them to listen :)