Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

What a good day it is today. Kevin woke me up this morning asking me to make him pancakes before he left to go play football. "Do not tell me you woke me up to make you breakfast" was my reply. Last night he told me he'd let me sleep until the kids (yes kids, plural. I'm still shocked I'm a mother of two!) woke me up. And then he wakes me up to make him breakfast? He left the room and I laid in bed feeling guilty. I mean, it was 7:45 and it's Thanksgiving. How could I possibly be crabby today? I get to spend the day with my family eating loads of delicious food. So I jumped out of bed and hurried downstairs to make the man I love a pancake (or two or more).
With that said I want to mention how wonderful my husband is. I am so incredibly thankful for him. He makes me happy every single day. The least I could do is make him pancakes on Thanksgiving! I'm thankful that with him we are blessed with two beautiful little boys who are the sunshine in my life. I'm thankful for my sweet Rylan who has brought continual happiness into my life since the day he was born. For his shy and laid back demeanor. For all his hugs and kisses. For his ways of making me laugh. I'm thankful for my little Asher who brings a tear of joy to my eyes in the middle of the night when I am able to nurse him and rock him. I'm thankful to be a mother.
And my family. How lucky am I to have my parents a 7 minute walk away? And to have the rest of my family so close that we can get together so often (often to the dismay of the in-laws!!). I love talking to my sisters daily...multiple times a day, in fact. I'm thankful to have such a good relationship with my family that I can cry in front of them and know that I'll be comforted. And I'm super excited to get together with them on this very day to feast on too much food and delicious pies. To play games and talk and just be together.
I'm just thankful for such a good life.

3 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Haha! YOu're a better wife than I! I would have said.. go make yourself some pancakes. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Michelle said...

thanks for making me cry! you're so cute! the pics of your boys on the side of your blog is so cute!

Jonathan and Michelle said...

You are such a good wife! I'm glad that you guys had a good Thanksgiving!