Sunday, July 27, 2008
A Little Laugh
We were sitting at the table eating our dinner last night. Rylan was shaking his head back and forth for some reason (he does this often and I just assume it's normal behavior!). Kevin started asking him questions like "Do you want daddy to help you put your pajamas on?" or "Do you want daddy to brush your teeth?". Of course Rylan was shaking his head "no" so Kevin would reply "OK, mommy will do it". (Isn't my husband hilarious??!!) So after several questions Kevin asks "Do you want to watch monkey?". Rylan stopped shaking his head and said "Yes, OK!" to which Kevin and I started laughing. I'm sure Ry didn't really know what was so funny, but he joined in the laughter and forced out some fake laughs of his own, which made us laugh even more. When the laugheter died down, Rylan said "Monkey, yes, ok!", he paused, his eyes shifted from me to Kevin and back to me, waiting for us to laugh...because hey, we laughed the first time! We just burst into laughter watching our little boy try to make another joke. He continued saying it and fake laughing even long after it was no longer funny. But still, to think about his shifting eyes and his pause, waiting for us to laugh...I just laughed writing this out! Isn't eating dinner together as a family a joy??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is soo cute. What a little jokerster you have :)
I checked out your "full profile"... intriguing. :) I am addicted to blogs...sad, but true! You guys are adorable!
So I just read you are having another baby... and a boy at that! Congrats!!! Two boys will be so fun! ... I may be a little biased. Any names yet?
Holy cow, Kevin! I came across your blog from Mark's blog (which I saw on Facebook). Your family is adorable! It's good to "see" you. I hope all is well.
Post a Comment