Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fat Foot Syndrome


Lately this has been my big summer time dilemma. I guess really, it's Rylan's dilemma. His feet are so wide and thick that we cannot find sandals to fit. I've been to numerous stores searching for just one pair of sandals my sweet child can wear. Velcro should be the answer, right? Sure, I can loosen the velcro to fit his foot into the sandal, but his feet are so chubby that the velcro isn't long enough to fasten. I've even tried getting one size bigger and the velcro still doesn't stay fastened. I've tried slip on shoes and crocs, which are too narrow. I decided I would just search online for some "wide width toddler shoes" and I came up with sandals that were at least $40! I can't get myself to spend that much on sandals that Rylan will only wear for just a few months. One day Rylan was wearing shorts around the house. Kevin came home from work and we decided to go run some errands. So I just put on Rylan's socks and shoes with his shorts...he looked ridiculous!

So I don't know what I'm going to do about this dilemma. Keep searching I guess. I don't have many options! Poor fat feet...

And by the way...have you all seen "August Rush"? Last night we rented it from Redbox (our best friend). Kevin and I both really liked it. I cried, no surprise, but it really is a sweet movie. I didn't want it to end...I wanted the story to keep going. If you haven't already, you should watch it!

9 comments:

Jones said...

oh yes, August Rush is a great movie!! I totally cried too. The music and videography of it all was incredible!

good luck with your search for sandals!!

Keri said...

Jenna has the opposite sandal problem. Her feet & ankles are skinny enough that they just slide right off. Frustrating not being able to get shoes that will fit, isn't it?

Kacy & Adam said...

I remember when Syd had that problem...I would put her in strappy shoes and her little fat feet would be bubbling over the sides. Luckily, "Stride rite" fixed our problems until she grew out of that phase :) It's super cute though...and going barefoot is okay too :)

The Waite Family said...

Your blog is so fun to read. Jack has the same problem his feet are just too fat he is 17months and in 6 1/2 extra wide but like kacy said stride rite is the only answer. Good luck!!

Darci said...

I was just playing around going from blog to blog and found yours. Haha fat foot that is so cute.
I need to get back to renting at red box they have it at walmart now!

Karen said...

Have you tried Stride Rite? Their shoes are more expensive, but they have wide ones. You can sometimes find them on sale at Dilliards. What about flip flops? Good luck!

Nica said...

HI Janell! I found your blog off Lisas'. It's weird to see people form Wyview again after so long. I see you have a cute little boy! He really is adorable. anyway nice seeing your blog.

Michelle said...

hey, that little fat foot is so funny. that's so cute.

janae said...

So I'm a bit late to be commenting on this, but I wanted to let you know that I think your blog is really cute - and that this post is so funny! Good luck with the sandal search. Rylan is so cute, I'm sure you can get away with anything! :)

janae