I guess I'll start with the low lights so I can finish off with the good stuff!:
- Rylan spent Saturday night throwing up...the first time he's ever been sick like that. It was our last night at the cabin and was not a very peaceful night.
- Kevin spent Sunday throwing up
- I had to drive home from the cabin with two sickies in the car. Luckily Rylan was over the worst of it and slept most of the way. Kevin on the other hand didn't have such a peaceful drive.
- New Year's Eve was spent sitting on the couch watching HGTV and kids. We couldn't pull the boys away from the Xbox to come play games with us girls...guess we know where we stand on the excitement level. The one night alone is a huge reason why I strongly oppose that box.
Now onto the good things!! - Christmas was fantastic...Rylan plays with every single thing he got for Christmas. There's not one toy that he has put aside and ignored (well, except for maybe the magna doodle that he'll only play with if I'm playing with it!).
- I just love being with family and eating and talking and laughing.
- I got to see 2 movies...I am Legend, and Enchantment. We don't see many movies at the theatre these days so it was such a treat...And I liked both of them!
- Our time at the cabin was nearly perfect! Lots of food, family, and fun. We slept in, ate lots, lounged, talked, cooked and baked, played games, went sledding, stayed up late, went tubing at Brian Head, played Guitar Hero and DDR (and the boys played other games), watched movies, laughed, and just had fun being together!
- We got new tires on the car (made for a safer drive in the snow!)
- Rang in the New Year with Tami and her fam, Charlie and Megan
- Put away the Christmas decorations (always feels good to get the put away, but sad to see them go...until next year!)
- Slept in on New Year's Day until 9:00am
- I wrote out a diet menu for several weeks that I'm hoping to just rotate for the next 3 months. (Does that count as a highlight because that means we're dieting, or a lowlight because that means we're dieting?)
- We are safe, happy, and mostly healthy and we're ready to start a New Year!








3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great holiday, besides the sickies, that's no fun. I played Guitar Hero for the first time when we were in Rexburg...love it! You look like a pro! I hope you're home because I'm going to call you when Daylen wakes up from his nap, we miss you guys and you're just across the street!
Oh...and I'm still waiting for you to do your tag-6 interesting things, lets here it!
Oh Janell you look so cute playing the guitar!!! I was so happy to see a picture of your mom! It brought back a ton of memories! It looks like your holidays were full of fun!
Post a Comment