Monday, January 28, 2008

A Prophet of God


I have sat down several times to write my feelings about President Hinckley and the inspirational man that he was to so many people across the world. I've never been good with words but I can say that I know Gordon B. Hinckley was a prophet of God. His humility, dedication, love, and even humor touched me and I feel gratitude to have had him as my prophet...to have learned from him, grown spiritually from his words, been uplifted countless times, and to have quotes and talks and guidance from him, recorded, so I can continue to learn and grow. I keep imagining his reunion with his wife and what a glorious event this must be for him! I can still hear his voice, see his smile, and feel that light and love I felt every single time I saw him speak in conference. What a wonderful man!
I have this quote on my fridge so I can read it often. I'm not sure when President Hinckley said this, but I love it!
"Know that you are daughters of God, children with a divine birthright. Walk in the sun with your heads high, knowing that you are loved and honored, that you are a part of his kingdom, and that there is for you a great work to be done which cannot be left to others."--Gordon B. Hinckley
I seem to be reminded often of the work that needs to be done...the work that I need to be doing. And for some reason knowing that I am a daughter of God, that I am loved, makes the work that much easier to do.

No comments: