Friday, November 30, 2007

I used to try to hold off until December 1st to listen to Christmas music. That was while I was still working and I'd hear Christmas music all day long. Well now, I don't get to hear it enough! I asked Kevin to buy me Josh Groban's holiday cd, and he did..and we both LOVE it! We've listened to it over and over and I just can't get enough. I just think that Josh (am I allowed to just call him "Josh") has such an incredible voice. Any song that he sings is fabulous. The one thing about the cd that was disappointing...he doesn't sing "O Holy Night". Hmmm, I wonder why that was. I absolutely love it when he sings it, and not many people can sing it so well. (I also like Celine Dion's version and Michael Crawford's...flawless) So if any one is looking for a good Christmas cd...this is it! I'm also a big fan of the classic Christmas songs and that's what he does. When I heard "O Come All Ye Faithful", I thought, yep, that's my "favorite" Christmas song. So, not that I'm worthy of reviewing cd's, I just thought I'd share a little of my Christmas spirit.

I also have to give a shout out to my book club girls. I love them all! The great thing about joining "clubs" is that I get to hang out with people I may not necessarily hang out with normally. We met last night to discuss "A Girl Named Zippy" and I had such a great time. 3 hours later we were all laughing and chatting and we didn't want to leave. We have arranged a girls night out that I'm very much looking forward to. Next book on our list: "Cry, the Beloved Country".

Now, I think I'll go listen to my much loved Josh Groban cd while I put up my Christmas decorations :)

4 comments:

Brittni said...

I guess I will have to go out and pick up this CD. I have been thinking a lot about getting my first official Christmas CD and this one sounds like it might be it. My mom always plays Christmas music the day after thanksgiving and just lets it play all day! I guess it is time to get into the Christmas spirit! It is a lot harder to do that in the desert!

Gasaway Family said...

I like the new Christmas background on your blog, it looks very festive! We need to get together soon, I'm going through Janell withdrawals! This not being able to walking with you and Rylan is rough.

Jones said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your new layout!!! it makes me want to change mine. lol. actually I had a green backgorund that I thought looked better than my blue, but the green paper made it a bit hard to read my posts. yours, is awesome!!!

I think I might look into gettting that cd, rocky and I both LOVE 'Josh'.

thanks!

Andrea said...

Janell-Hey! Thanks for posting on my blog! I'm glad you confessed to reading it. Aren't blogs great. Well, it's fun to read your blog too. Your little boy is so cute!! Sounds like you guys are doing well. Do you live in Spanish Fork? My in-laws live there (they live by a big elementary school). Anyway, if you don't mind, I'll be checking back!!