Thursday, October 25, 2007

Miss Kirra Grace


Happy Birthday Miss Kirra Grace with such a sweet face!
We celebrated Kirra's 2nd birthday with a Halloween Party. We carved pumpkins, had a bat pinata, decorated monster cupcakes, and ate some yummy ghoulish food. Kirra (in the middle picture, with the dolly) is such a sweet girl. She takes care of Rylan like he is her own baby doll. She even shared her swedish fish with Ry after which Rylan refused dinner in hopes of getting more fish to stuff in his tummy!
Rylan peeked inside each pumpkin trying to find out where that beautiful light was coming from! Forget the spooky pumpkins, he just wanted the candle.
The kids were hesitant about digging out the pumpkin guts, but one dip inside and they were all for the goo and squish. I'm sure next year they will be hesitant again, until they are reminded of how much fun it is to get your hands dirty in that orange slime.
We are having a Doyle Halloween Party at Kevin's parents house on Monday for family home evening. I'm in charge of the food and I'm very excited. I have some great spooky food recipes that will creep everyone out! Now Kevin and I just have to find costumes. He is working late the rest of the week for the yearly convention, so the costume search is all in my hands.
So I've been caught up in reading the Twilight series. I heard several ladies comment on their love for Edward and I laughed at them. Well, I am madly in love with these books! Edward has captured us all! Not that they are the greatest books ever written, but I find myself reading with a big smile on my face. I've laughed, I've cried, and "one more chapter" is never enough. I will get the third book from the library this afternoon, which means my house will be neglected for the next few days while I curl up in a blanket and let these characters take over my life. Of course that will be after Rylan is in bed and Kevin is working late!

No comments: