Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lana Grace is Blessed

What a wonderful day!
Kevin blessed Lana today at his parent's house before Oliver's baptism. My family came (most of them traveling 45 min-1 hr) and my Grandma Goodman came, too (Matt Henage brought her down from Salt Lake where she's staying with Jeannine). I was extremely sad that my dad got called back to Farmington and had to leave yesterday morning at 4:30. I missed having him there and I know he was sad to miss it. I am grateful to the rest of my family for sacrificing their Saturday to be there. (And Kevin's family, too but the Doyle's also had the baptism!)
The blessing was beautiful. I asked Kevin is he gets nervous giving blessings. He said not really beforehand, but a little nervous as he's actually giving the blessing. I know he has prayed and thought specifically about Lana and the blessings our Heavenly Father wants her to have. He did a great job giving the blessing and she was quiet and content! My grandma complimented Kevin saying it was one of the best blessings she's heard.
My little Lana Grace is a special little girl. She has a sweet spirit about her and she has filled our home with joy. My heart is overflowing with love for her and I often have a tear in my eye because of that love that she has brought to me. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and her and He will help me in raising her to be an amazing little girl!
She looked absolutely beautiful in her blessing dress.

No comments: