Rylan's class (and the other first grade classes) took a field trip up to the University of Utah to visit the Natural History Museum and I got to go! Well, they rode on the bus and I met them up there. Rylan was excited for the bus ride, especially since he got to choose who he was sitting with--Josh and Christian of course!
We had a fun little group of four boys--Rylan, Christian, Connor, and Carter. I let them take the lead and choose where they wanted to go. They led me around and asked some really good questions. Some of them I didn't have answers for but I hope they learned something! At least I know we all had fun!
We came up here a year or two ago with my sisters and kids. Rylan and I both remembered a lot from that visit and he had his specific spots picked out that he was looking forward to seeing again. One of them was the table that shows the land of Utah today. You can crank a wheel to add water to show what it was like years ago when Lake Bonneville was around covering most of western Utah. Then you can drain the water to see what parts of the land were exposed. It's kinda cool. I think Rylan just likes playing with the water!
We took sack lunches to eat there and then just after lunch they hopped on the bus again to head back to school. The day went by fast but I was exhausted on my way home. I was glad I had a swiss cake roll to munch on :)
This was out on the deck of the weather station. It was a rather chilly and windy day!The boys all kept their jackets on the entire time.
Everyone loves sand and water to learn about erosion!
Break time...in the middle of the walkway :)
We spent as much time as we could at this dinosaur bone site. Instead of digging in sand it has little squishy foam type pieces. It was cool! The space was really small and there were other kids waiting so we had to move on sooner than the boys wanted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment