I can't even tell you how great this year has been. This little boy is such a joy! He's happy, content, laid back, and too cute :)
We didn't do much to celebrate Tyce's big day. I took him with me to buy a van (yippee!!) which took most of the day. We went to dinner with the McQuarries and then came back to our house to eat chocolate cupcakes. Not a huge celebration but we did manage to sing 'Happy Birthday' to him! Actually, several times throughout the day I tried to sing to him but he didn't like it. He'd turn his head a get a little fussy. Maybe he didn't like the attention :)
We all sat and watched him squish his cupcake.
Kevin gave him a little bite and Tyce took a few more bites on his own but he mostly just played with it!
| Of course we all enjoyed the cupcakes!! |
Even though I still feel sleep deprived with dark circles under my eyes, Tyce is a great sleeper. He's in bed by 9pm and sleeps until about 6am. He wakes up very upset, screaming, and it's not until I get some food in his mouth that he'll stop crying! I guess he's hungry in the morning!! 6:00 is too early for me but I've really grown to love that time we have in the morning. It's quiet, the sunlight is peaking through our windows, and we get to have a bit of time together. I guess since he's not nursing anymore I look at it as our bonding time :) His schedule isn't exactly set anymore but most days he's awake for an hour and then will go back to bed. Some days he's awake for several hours before taking his morning nap. He takes 2 good naps a day, sometimes three.
Tyce has been doing his own version of crawling for several months. He'd get up on his hands and toes and then push forward and belly flop. He got around pretty quick but I was always afraid he was going to smack his face into the floor. But just a few days before his birthday he started the hands and knees crawling. And really on his birthday he started crawling more than belly flopping around!
Tyce claps...especially while watching Wheel of Fortune with me :)
He is a great eater. He would eat any baby food I fed him. Adjusting to table food is taking time but he'll surprise me with some things he'll eat. He loves bananas, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, very soft carrots, bread, yogurt, crackers. I still mash up pears and peaches. He doesn't love cold milk but he's getting better about drinking it. He does seem to drink a good amount of water, though.
Tyce nuzzles his head into my neck or head. Sometimes it's when he's acting shy but he does it throughout the day. I think it's his way of giving loves :)
He has 4 teeth on top, two on bottom.
He used to be afraid of Asher but now Asher makes him laugh a lot. Rylan is still an excellent brother to him. Tyce loves to see his brothers when he wakes up from his naps. He tries to play with them but that doesn't always work out!
Tyce really is such a sweet little boy. Just thinking about him puts a smile on my face!!
No comments:
Post a Comment