Saturday, June 4, 2011

Family Reunion

Our annual Goodman family reunion was this weekend. The last two years we've gone to the Heber Valley Campground to catch up on everyone's lives and camp for the night. This year I wasn't ready to sleep away from home with my little baby. Even though we were in cabins I was worried about him being too cold and waking everyone up multiple times throughout the night. So we just went up Friday afternoon and hung out for several hours.
We took a small walk around the pond when we first got there. And we heard a frog! It really was kinda exciting, even though we couldn't find him...we were close though! We enjoyed a dinner of hawaiian haystacks and got to chat for awhile. Each family (my mom and her brothers and sisters) went down the line and did a quick recap on everyone's doings. Even though most of us live here in Utah we don't see each other but a couple times a year (or maybe just the one time at family reunions). So it's always interesting to hear what's going on.


Some people went up to roast marshmallows. I stayed in the covered pavillion with my babe but Kev took the boys to the fire to roast--the first marshmallow roast of the summer!! Of course the boys loved it and I can't wait for more of that! I got to chat and laugh with my sisters and cousins and before I was ready, it was time to go. I heard their Saturday activities were super fun and I was sad to have missed out on them, but I was glad the gathering was close enough that we could join in the fun for a few hours!!

No comments: