Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Fun Day!

Today we met up with Kacy, Tami, and their kidlets to watch Shrek 4. We first met at the Orem theatre for the 3:00 showing but it was sold out. So we headed down to Provo Towne Centre to see the 4:05 showing. Tami sat at the end of one row with 8 kids to her left. It was funny :) Kacy and I sat behind with our little ones who were just as entertaining as the movie! Finn and Asher both had a hayday with the popcorn. It didn't take them long to start digging in two handed to get as much popcorn as possible. When we first walked into the theatre Rylan was very excited "Popcorn!" After about 2 handfuls he was done. I wish I was like that!
I laughed out loud at several parts in the movie. Of course it was a lot of humor Ry didn't understand, but he sat there for the entire movie, only turning around a couple times to say hi. Asher did incredibly well. He sat on my lap most of the time but occasionally stepped down to take a few steps. He'd stand almost between two seats in the row in front of us with his head poking through and watch the movie for a minute or two. I was amazed at how well he did.
Tami had to leave with her kids after the movie to take Kyler to his baseball game. Kacy and I are both husbandless so we wanted to keep the party going. We went to dinner at Winger's where our kids hardly ate anything, but we enjoyed our meals :) And I enjoyed the conversation, too! We would have kept our little party going, but the kids were done and our table was a mess. Hopefully our tips made the cleanup not so bad!
Rylan threw a huge fit tonight because I turned off the light in Asher's room without racing him. A good sign that he was super tired. He screamed and cried and whined for about a half hour before he decided we could just have a race to the light switch in his room. While he cried I watched an episode of Wheel of Fortune :) Hopefully he'll sleep peacefully tonight and be happy again in the morning.

1 comment:

Aubrey Doyle said...

Glad you're having fun and surviving a week husbandless. When does Kev get back?