Last night there were 6 of us beautiful birthday girls (since I didn't take pictures you'll just have to trust me that we're all beautiful :)!!) It was: Jen Ethington, Cory Marsigli, Allison Chase, Jessica McShinksy, Jana Gasaway (who is not in our ward but she used to live in the neighborhood. She'll always be part of the birthday group!) and myself. We had a delicious dinner of Quiznos sandwiches and caesar salad with some lemon water. We had a lemon creme cake for dessert. We talked, played 'Funglish', laughed, and partied the night away. Thanks ladies for such a fun night! Why do we only party it up in February? I think I'm gonna have to find a reason to have another party...and soon :)
The party gift was a little box of chocolates. I'm so not a creative/crafty person, but every once in awhile it's good to do something we're not good at, right? So Kacy (my crafty, creative sis) suggested I make my own boxes. I'm sure she had something more extravagant in mind, but we came up with these origami boxes that I was pleased with. My talented hubby worked something up in photoshop for me to create the cute Happy Birthday box tops.
This shout out really should not be a side note in small text. It should be a shout out in all caps and bolded.
I have to admit that I could never throw a party on my own. As previously mentioned, I'm not creative, so I enlisted the help of others. For party planning, my lil sis Kacy was the brains behind it all. I would hire her to throw a party for me. But since she's my sister I don't pay her...I just say "I'm having party" and she gets going on it!
Also: my parents + Quiznos= a delicious dinner!
And of course, my hubby who's willing to help me cross items off of my 'to do list'. He's a champ :)
This shout out really should not be a side note in small text. It should be a shout out in all caps and bolded.
I have to admit that I could never throw a party on my own. As previously mentioned, I'm not creative, so I enlisted the help of others. For party planning, my lil sis Kacy was the brains behind it all. I would hire her to throw a party for me. But since she's my sister I don't pay her...I just say "I'm having party" and she gets going on it!
Also: my parents + Quiznos= a delicious dinner!
And of course, my hubby who's willing to help me cross items off of my 'to do list'. He's a champ :)
4 comments:
She had something more extravagant in mind?! Woa. Because I think those are adorable. You are so cute to celebrate your birthday so much. You deserve it!
Janell you throw awesome parties! They were both way fun. When I came home I was way excited to see that there were chocolates in the box, genius! I also told Stan that we should buy that game!
Glad you had a great party with your friends. You deserve it. Those oragami boxes are cute.
Thank you for the chocolates! I was also way excited to see them, and the boxes were way cute. I thought to myself, "man, I wish I could come with cute stuff like this." Seriously, I did. Thanks for the FUN party and YUMMY food!
Post a Comment